Maria C. Bruce is a Medical Doctor from Argentina, who obtained a Master’s Degree in Mental Health and Wellness from NYU, and became a licensed Psychotherapist, Coach & Consultant with a private practice in New York City. Maria is also an emotional health expert contributor of popular publications, including Forbes, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Brides, Vogue, Vice.
Maria works with high achieving young adults and adults, who are struggling with different issues and want to work on conquering their goals. Maria’s areas of expertise include relationship issues, satisfaction and high productivity in the workplace, optimal performance, low self-esteem, emotional well-being, and coping with a major life changing event (end of a relationship or marriage, losing or changing jobs, having a baby, being a victim of a crime, having an injury, or adjusting to life in a new city or country, among other things.)
Maria also works as a coach and consultant to help individuals, teams, and companies to optimize performance, manage stress, problem-solve, boost productivity, improve communication skills, and enhance relationship interactions.
As a Doctor, Maria began her specialization in Sports Medicine with Argentine athletes in Buenos Aires, and also with Italian Olympic athletes, at the Comitato Olympico Nazionale Italiano (CONI), in Rome.
Maria’s area of interest evolved to Mental Health and Wellness, focusing her training and practice in positive cognitive-behavioral therapy, solution-focused brief therapy, and biofeedback.
Before she pursued her career in applied psychology, Maria worked as label manager for Universal Music International, and then as an artist manager. Her background working with olympic and professional athletes, and also being involved with the music, fashion, beauty, technology and financial industries, has provided her with a unique perspective and understanding of the challenges and struggles faced by high achieving and multitasking individuals.
Maria is also the founder of Thanks, you made my day, a thriving online community of more than 35000 followers, that fosters positivity and wellness.
- M.A. in Mental Health and Wellness (Applied Psychology), New York University, New York, USA
- Medical Degree, Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Certificate of Achievement in Biofeedback, Biofeedback Resources International Corporation, New York, USA
- Certificate of Training, Gestalt Institute of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
INTERNSHIPS & residencies
- Clinical Psychology – Institute of Family Health (New York, USA)
- Biofeedback – Dr. Leah Lagos (New York, USA)
- Sports Medicine – Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano (Rome, Italy)
- Medicine – Hospital Italiano (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Medicine – Hospital Fernandez (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Professional Society Memberships
- Association For Applied Sport Psychology
Honors & AWARDS
- Worldwide Leader in Health Care & Top Behavioral Therapist and Mental Health Counselor in New York, NY – The International Association of HealthCare Professionals
Additional work experience
- Label Manager – Universal Music Group
- Board Member – Flying Manes Therapeutic Riding www.flyingmanes.org